Tuesday, April 13, 2010

she's out of my league: a movie review

I didn't expect I would have so much fun watching the movie. Truth is, I watched it twice. The movie was funny as expected, a little bit predictable but the good thing was it was not so cheesy but I found it really romantic and a feel-good film at that.

To give you a spoiler of the movie, here's the story... She's Out of My League is where average guy meets extraordinary girl. The guy Kirk works as a security personnel (more of a loser.. hehe) in the airport. He is "out of shape, not a college graduate" and was even dumped by her ex-girlfriend. The girl Molly, on the other hand, is a successful events planner who earns big bucks, a beautiful woman and she's a lawyer too. In short, she's every man's dream girl. So, Molly in one of her travels left her Iphone in the airport and was found by Kirk. It all started there. At first, Kirk was apprehensive about the idea of Molly liking her not until the moment Molly asked him out for dinner. Kirk thought that Molly was just being grateful for having returned her phone. But damn, he was wrong - Molly was into him. They started going out. There was a couple of problems and issues in between like Kirk having a low self-esteem and thinking he was not good enough for her because Molly was too perfect. I'd leave the rest to you to figure out and watch the movie to know how they ended up together. Pretty funny, actually.

I have a couple of favorite scenes in the movie like how Stainer, Kirk's friend who also works at the airport often discourages Kirk to pursue Molly was vital in the happy ending. He was so funny. Swear. I also liked Kirk's family who says the F-word to each other just like it was just any other word. Another one I particularly like was when Molly went to Kirk's house and met his whole family. They could not believe that Kirk their loser brother/son could date a gorgeous-looking girl. Their jaws dropped. Haha.

I particularly loved the movie because it told a simple story and left a simple lesson - two people can be together even if the other is out of his/her league. I'd give the movie an 8. :))

You can watch the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcQ49gh7sTg


She's Out of My League 2010 11x17 Spanish Mini MOVIE POSTERShe's Out of My League 2010 27x40 MOVIE POSTER


I also highly recommend watching these movies:
Valentine's DayThe Proposal (Single Disc Widescreen)


No comments:

Post a Comment